Sunday, June 2, 2013

Blog neglect

I think May rivals December as being the busiest month of the year. I feel like I just got a chance to catch my breath! Here is a little recap of what we did this past month:

I got to celebrate Mother's Day in both of my kiddos classrooms. It is absolutely amazing the things they said about me and what they made for me. I'm one lucky girl!

 This guy has lost FOUR teeth in a matter of three weeks! It's crazy! The tooth fairy is going to need to take out a loan soon!  And if you are keeping score....he is 9 and 3/4 and still believes!
 I went to Washington, D.C. for Junior League's Annual Conference.  The most important thing I did was eat this Blue Crab pie:
 I'm just kidding, it wasn't the most important thing, but pretty close. I've been to D.C. before but its been about 12 years and we did all of our sight seeing during the day. The night we got there we took a Night Tour with all the Outgoing Presidents, Incoming Presidents, and Incoming President-Elects from West Texas. It was amazing. We walked for over three hours! I won't ever forget it!
 We spent most of our time at the Conference and capped off the banquet the last night by receiving the JLM's award for being in the Association for 50 years. We had our Annual Meeting on May 21, where the Bylaws I have been working on all year were passed....and I officially became President-Elect.
While I was gone, My Lollipop was honored with the Viva El Espanol Award (given by her Spanish teacher) for her 1st grade. We are quite proud!

Sadly, all good things must come to an end. We ALL had tears on the last day of school. Saying goodbye to our 1st grade teacher was pretty tough. She and I have become really close. We both cried when we hugged goodbye (which made Lollipop cry, which made Gumdrop cry....). Good thing we will probably get to have her again with Baby Gumdrop in 5 years! I'm so thankful my kids love school, look at the sad faces!

 We had a wonderful dance recital. Isn't she precious?
 We got to start the swimming season with an Itsy Bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini!
 If you read my blog way back when, you will know that My Boy spelled every bonus word right on his spelling tests his first grade year, so we took him to the Great Wolf Lodge.  Lollipop wanted to make a wager with me that she could do the same thing. I told her to go for it.

Guess where we went last week?



 My mother-in-law kept Miss Gumdrop for two days so I could fly solo at the Great Wolf with the two big kids. We met up at the Lake and did some hard core cleaning up and playing. My grandmother also had her 75th birthday party yesterday so we drove to Coleman to attend. I didn't get a single photo! I got to see several of my cousin and other family members that I haven't seen in years. Happy Birthday Gaye Gaye, I love you!
May was great.....but we are ready for Summer Time!  Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure all of that was only ONE month?!! Hopefully things slow down a little for you now :)

    ReplyDelete