Saturday, May 4, 2013

Home sweet Home

I've never been particularly proud of my decorating skills. I'm not very good at knowing how to put things together. I've always put more effort into clothes (decorating myself and the kids!) than into decorating my home. This is for a number of reasons: The Hubs and I agree on very little as far as decorating style goes (and yes, he very much has an opinion),  I don't feel confident enough to make big (expensive) decisions without his support, and I've made so many "mistakes" in the past that I'm a little scared off.  Anyway, my sweet friend Ashley has stepped in and has been walking me through things with an ever-so gentle hand. I've gotten a few, "UMM...no" and a "A lamp where? You dreamed that." Mostly, we agree. My taste and her taste are not the same, but she's awesome at what she does.  I think its looking great!  We still have a ways to go, but as she told me the other day....it doesn't all have to happen at once! And its constantly changing....everytime she comes over she moves stuff around. For instance, the candle holders in the first picture our now on the table behind the couch. The lamps in the last pic are now in my bedroom.  More photos to come on another day!

The wooden chairs go with my old table...my new chairs didn't pass inspection so they are being re-made :(

She even organized our shelves!


And moved the candle holders....

We thought this ottoman would be a great thing (causing fewer head injuries than our old wooden coffee table) but so far its just the coolest wrestling surface ever :)!




No comments:

Post a Comment