So, today's my big 3-6. Last year, I was feeling very milestone-ish and I did this little challenge where I did 35 acts of kindness for my 35th birthday. This year I'm feeling kind of blah about my birthday,which is really unlike me, because I LOVE Birthdays (mine, my kids, my Hubs, my families....). Birthdays are a celebration of...well...of that person.
My little woke me up before midnight last night crying and needy. She climbed all over me all night and woke up with a raging fever this morning. We hit the walk-in clinic at our pedis office at 8 a.m. and found out she probably has strep (her test was negative, but they felt like she has it and we tested too early). So, she's on antibiotics. We had a rough morning. My friend Leah texted me this morning and I relayed my woes. She said, "Thats why I only celebrate odd years." I think she's onto something (I'm kidding, I want to celebrate all of them)!
Last year my bible study read a book about blessings. Our goal was to record 1,000 blessings in our book. I don't think I ever made it to 1,000 but I have several hundred things written down. Most of them were very simple little things, but when I go back and read them--it makes me happy. So, in the spirit of celebrating my 36th year of life, here are the first 36 blessings (or things that make me happy) of my life that came to my mind.
1. My Family (how I love them so)
2. My Friends
3. My Junior League Family
4. My Bible Study Family (my entire church family)
5. Books
6. Rain
7. Snow Days
8. Travel
9. Pinterest
10. Planning things (specifically trips)
11. A clean house
12. Our Home
13. Shopping
14. Massages
15. Gumdrop's curls
16. Lollipop's attitude towards life
17. My Boy's love of reading
18. New Recipes
19. Brownies
20. Watermelon
21. Willie Nelson songs
22. Eating outside on a balmy evening
23. Swimming
24. Summer time
25. Christmas
26. Texas Aggie Football
27. Baths
28. Clean laundry
29. Snuggles
30. S'mores
31. The garage door opening to announce The Hubs' arrival
32. Our dogs
33. Clean sheets
34. Coffee in the morning
35. Seeing my kids love for one another
36. God's grace
Happy Birthday to me.
You and Caden almost have the same birthday ~ his is tomorrow. :) Happy birthday to you!
ReplyDelete