It is March? Are you kidding me? Where has this school year gone? I can't believe that Spring Break is next week! We have no big plans, so I'm going to have potty training boot camp for Gumdrop. She's REALLY stubborn so I'm thinking this isn't going to be easy. She's been doing #1 in the potty for quite some time but with no consistency. EVERYTHING is a battle right now so I'm not sure why I'm doing this to myself, but I'm going to give it my best shot!
We went to Target on Monday and I let her pick out some big girl undies. I cracked up when her #1 choice was not Dora, Tinkerbelle, or Princesses. She wanted Jake and the Neverland Pirates (and Minnie Mouse :))!
I'm also planning on stocking up on stickers, because this kid (as I said last week) loves to stick!
We needed a huge rug for our living room. After pricing ginormous rugs my friend Ashley recommended that we have carpet bound into a rug. I think it turned out great, and it was a fraction of the cost of a rug.

And finally, I've been spending hours on my Junior League placement. I'm re-writing our bylaws, policies, and procedures. I have a committee where we discuss all the changes we want to make, and then I write it up. Finding the time to re-write these has been ever so challenging with a two, seven, and nine year old. I've been getting up at five, staying up late, sneaking a few moments in during naptime (which happens infrequently) and using my few hours of Gumdrop's equivalent of Mother's Day out. It's been a really worthwhile process, even though very time consuming. I'm definitely going to be a knowledgeable President in a year and a half! I'm also officially President-Elect-Elect so I've been averaging about 5 meetings a week. We are doing budgets, meeting with committee chairman, etc. I've been a busy girl!

And finally, last weekend we took a much needed trip to Dallas. It's probably a little dorky, but I love going to Whole Foods when we are in a big city. I can walk around for hours looking at all the options they have an feeling very envious.
It's probably not a very inspiring dream to some.....but I wish we had a Whole Foods. If we had one and my kids were all in school I would get a job there. I would work happily stock peppers by color and size. Doesn't that sound dreamy?
We have several Whole Foods here in town...and when we win the lottery, I will shop there full time!! Until then, it's saved for special days only. (:
ReplyDeleteI feel the SAME way about Whole Foods. :) But, I think that Central Market is even better http://www.centralmarket.com/Home.aspx - I could spend a day in their cheese department! ;)
ReplyDeleteGood luck next week...I do not envy your task at hand!