Monday, March 11, 2013

Promises, Promises

I promised like forever ago that even though I stopped doing Midland Morsels I would still post recipes on here.  I haven't lived up to my promise.  Today, I'm changing that!  Here is a dish that has stolen our hearts (tummies?).  This is spicy and yummy! I'm not really sure how to modify for the non-spicy eaters because the jalapenos are what make it so fabulous!

The Hubs sang "Suiza Stack" for days after the first time I made this.  Now, every time we have it he breaks it out again.  My Boy asked what suiza meant and I said, "I think it means Swiss in Mexican." Hey---I'm not smart all the time :)!  The Hubs cracked up and has been calling it the best "Mexican Swiss" meal he's ever had.

 *For the first one, I threw my chicken in the crock-pot for a few hours with about 1/2 cup of chicken broth, salt, pepper, and some cumin.  It was perfect!

Enchilada Suiza Stack


1 pound cooked chicken breast, shredded*
8 green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 jalenpenos, chopped
2 cups either Green Chile Salsa or Tomatillo Salsa, divided
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
6-8 tortillas ( I think I only used 4)
sour cream to garnish

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a medium sized bowl, combine chicken, onions, garlic and jalepenos with 1 1/2 cups salsa.
In an 8x8 inch casserole dish, spread 1/2 of your chicken mixture across the bottom.  Top with 1/3 of your cheeses (use both kinds) and top with a layer of tortillas.  Repeat.  Finish off by pouring remaining 1/2 cup of salsa over the top and topping with the remainder of your cheeses.  Bake about 30 minutes or until bubbly and brown around the edges.  Garnish with sour cream.



Look for another recipe soon!

3 comments:

  1. For the next recipe, I vote for those heavenly cookies you served at the Stella & Dot party! This pregnant gal has been dreaming about them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to think hard about what I made! Here is the recipe, I can't wait to meet the source of your cravings!

      http://midlandmorsels.blogspot.com/2012/03/heath-bits-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

      Delete
  2. I must try this!!! Looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete