My sweet Lollipop woke up this morning and said she didn't want to eat breakfast because her tummy hurt. She's been coughing and sneezing for a few days so I figured it was allergies and drainage. We had 50-60 mile an hour winds yesterday, it kinda makes sense!
She was sluggish all morning so I asked if she needed to stay home. I said, "Do you feel like laying in bed all day? 'Cause if you stay home, thats what you are doing." I had three (yep, three) League meetings this morning so I wasn't exactly pushing staying home as an option (not that League is more important, but I wasn't sure of the severity of the illness :)). She said she really wanted to go to school, so off I sent her. At 8:20 the phone rang and the nurse told us to come get her. She was running a 101 fever (way to go mom for not checking) and was feeling puke-y. The Hubs was still here so he volunteered to go get her and take her to the walk-in clinic at our pedis office so I could go to my meetings. I have a hard time letting go of such things, but I decided he's as much her parent as I am, so I let him. She vomited all over the waiting room floor and was diagnosed with ANOTHER stomach virus (the second one this month if you are counting). She went with her daddy to the bank and to the post office for work and then mommy rescued her.
We are also struggling with a syndrome called trichotillomania with her. Basically, she's pulling out her eyelashes and eyebrows. I'll discuss more on that later, I'm not up to it now....but that's why she looks a little "weird" lately. I feel so bad for her. She's the sweetest girl. A girl who makes and writes things like this for her friends birthdays:
I don't know if you can read it or not but Maddie "codit" be a better friend :). I love my sweet baby and pray that she can catch a break soon.
In other news:
Stickers are a major hit these days!
New rug and new curtains! So excited for the rest of our stuff to come in!
I'm doing 40 bags in 40 days for lent again. Here's my new and improved pantry!
3 JL meetings in one day?! OMG. That is crazy!!
ReplyDeletePoor girl, but at least you weren't the one at the dr with her...is that just terrible that I just typed that?!
Also, my roommate in college had trichotillomania; I am sure you have been informed on it, but she found if her hands had something else to do then they stayed out of her hair. She wasn't diagnosed until high school, maybe being diagnosed younger with parents who can watch her will help out in the process. :)