The phone call went like this, "Hi! It's Whitney (who happens to be a very good friend but was oh so professional) with the Membership Placement Committee. As you know, we are slating Executive Positions today and we would like to ask you to be the President-Elect of the Junior League of Midland for next year."
I so wanted to play it cool but I so didn't. I cried and then said I'd be HONORED! This organization means so much to me. Even though I grew up 20 miles away when I moved here, I had only one friend in town--my sister in law. She sponsored me for membership 6 years ago and I started my Provisional (introductory) year. I met some of my very best friends that year and have continued to make friends every year since. I have been a part of amazing work done in the community as a League member. I'm inspired so much by the women around me and the gifts they give to our community. I know that this is HUGE and that I will desperately need my friends and family's support to take this on. This is a 2 1/2 year commitment that begins....umm...right now. I'll travel to 7 conferences over this time frame, which will undoubtedly be the hardest part for my family. But, I have faith that they asked me to do this job and therefore God knows that we can all handle it!
The VERY, VERY best part of all of this is that one of my best friends will be President next year!!!! I can't imagine a better person to do this with! I'm so excited and energized and I can't wait to lead this League. I'm so honored and so grateful....and like I said....a little freaked out. I sure hope I can do this, here's to the next 2 1/2 years!
Oh my goodness!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!! This is so exciting!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're going to be FABULOUS! :)
ReplyDelete