Sunday, August 26, 2012

Another Big First

We had another big "first" this week but I've been so busy I'm just now getting to the computer to document our big day.

The school my kiddos go to has a 2 year old program.  Its only for 3 hours every morning. My little Lollipop participated in the program 4 years ago and we loved it.  However, she is an October baby so she was almost 3 and I had no qualms about dropping her off.  My baby Gumdrop just turned 2 about 2 weeks ago. I struggled with whether or not to do the program but the school (and my friends) convinced me to send her. I had planned on signing her up for Children's Day Out but the lure of all my kids in one place was way to tempting to turn down. I've actually lost some free time in not doing CDO since it lasts 5 hours a day, 2 days a week. With the K2 program you can choose to do 5 days a week, 3 days a week, or 2 days a week. We chose 2 days.  I feel blessed to have any free time at all, so I don't feel like I'm hurting with 6 free hours instead of 10. I pray everyday for the moms who get NO free time.  I packed quite a bit into those 6 hours this past week and plan on continuing to do so the rest of the year. As much as I love my kids and want to spend every minute with them, I'm thrilled to be able to have a few hours to run errands by myself and to exercise without the guilt of sticking them in front of the television.

We had some tears both days but she was tear free and happy when I picked her up.  I'm so proud of my big girl!

I had a garage sale this week and we had a ton of things fixed on the new house. Both kids had homework every night of the first week of school. Lollipop started piano lessons but the rest of our activities don't start until next week.  My life and my days are full.

 I volunteer with Junior League (and have a really big job this year re-writing the By-laws for our organization. Doesn't that sound fun? :))! I also volunteer with the local Children's Rehab Center, I volunteer at church, and I'm co-chairing a big committee for the Parents Association at school. Did I mention that I agreed to be Room Mom for Lollipop's class? I spend many hours every week dedicated to all my volunteer efforts. For this reason, I've decided that I'm going to let go of my recipe blog, Midland Morsels.  There are literally hundreds of recipe blogs out there with writers who do their blogs professionally.  Some of them even make money off them!  I've decided to leave it to the professionals. I enjoy cooking so much and I know I'll miss sharing my latest greatest recipes. For that reason, I might just have to post some on this blog!  If you ever read Midland Morsels, thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, please post them on this blog! I will miss your recipes; I made your bbq foil pack chicken last week and it was soooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete