On day three of our trip we woke up early and headed for La Jolla. We spent some time in La Jolla on a trip to SD about eight years ago and fell in love with it. We went to the La Jolla Cove and spent some time watching the sea lions and sea gulls while we waited on The Brockton Villa restaurant to open.
We enjoyed some amazing Coast Toast (French toast made with brioche. Oh my word its good.) And cinnamon rolls.
I'm gonna be frank. The time change, lack of routine, and lack of sleep did not do good things to my little princess. She hung in there pretty well for the first two days and then she became what we now refer to as "The Baby Monster." Nobody ever said traveling with kids was easy!
After breakfast we headed to downtown SD and the Zoo!
After spending a good portion of the day exploring the Zoo we headed across the bridge to Coronado Island. We stayed at the famous Hotel Del. I lucked out and got us a room in the Beach Village not really realizing that it was a bit separate from the Del. Its owned by the Del and is on the same property but has direct beach access and its own restaurant, pool, staff, and other amenities. Admittedly, I've stayed at some very nice hotels in my life but this one takes the cake. The service is fabulous, the food is wonderful, the rooms are large......I could go on and on. If you ever get a chance to visit the area and you want to do it up right....this is the way to do it! We stayed three wonderful nights but I think I could stay a lifetime!
On our last full day our little one turned TWO! I can hardly believe it!
What birthday is complete without an "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" moment?
It worked out in the end!
What a fabulous trip! Can't wait to go back someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment