So...here we go!
On July 31 my little man turned 9!!!! He was super pumped about his Battleship Swedish Fish and birthday cake that good old mom made.
Then to save myself some grief, we had a family birthday party on the 4th celebrating My Boy's and Gumdrops bdays. Gumdrops bday is on the 10th so I tried to split the difference!
She is in love with her huge Minnie Mouse doll!
My Boy got a go cart (and I got heart palpitations :))! Is this face pure joy or what?
Two days later we flew to San Diego. Let me start by saying that almost 3 years ago we were supposed to go to San Diego. Three days before we were leaving Lollipop got really really sick. I took her to the doctor and they thought she had mono (she didn't) and we needed a blood test. The next morning I woke up to the WORST stomach bug of my life. We didn't have blood results back so we ended up canceling our hotel rooms. We had planned on driving so we didn't have to worry about flights, somehow we never got to reschedule. Lollipop has NEVER forgotten that we didn't go to San Diego. Her life's dream has become a trip to SD and she talks about it constantly. I'm so thrilled that her dream came true.
If you are wondering about my post title it comes from a Lollipop quote. I woke her up on the day of the trip and said, "Wake up, wake up! Its San Diego time!" And she said, "Is it finally time for The Big Fun Trip?" I cracked up and we've called it that ever since!
Our first stop was LEGOLAND! On Monday we went to the Sea Life Aquarium after we arrived. It was really neat and the kids loved it. I'm only posting a few of the 550 pics we took on the trip :).
Afterwards we ate a local gastropub called The Compass (thanks Marina for all the food suggestions!). See my cheesy smile? That's because I knocked over drink #1 and we had martini glass all over the table and I doused my baby in alcohol. Way to go mom! At least we showed the kids that even grown-ups spill their drinks!
We stayed the first two nights at the Sheraton Legoland. It has a private entrance to the park so all you have to do is cross the street to get in! The time change did a number on all of us. I believe these pics are taken at about 6:30 a.m. California time!
Our baby stripped her clothes and jumped in the pool. I love that she's like, " I'm in a borrowed swim diaper and nothing else. So, what of it?"
Then we headed to the main Legoland park. We saw lots of cool miniatures.
Including a whole "miniland" Star Wars section. Very neat.We rode some rides. Mainly Lollipop rode rides as she is the daredevil of the family!
Gumdrop was NOT happy about Mom being on the rides. Everytime I got on one it went a little something like this:
I love that Lollipop's faces can go from looking like this:
To looking like this:
We played on splash pads
And looked at a car made entirely of legos!
Then we headed over to the VERY CROWDED legoland waterpark.
The rides stressed her out even when I wasn't on them! Here we are watching brother and sister:
We ended our Legoland day and headed for Pizza Port, a famous brewery and pizza place in Carlsbad. Let me tell ya, we wore this girl out!
Check back soon for part two of The Big Fun Trip!
It looks like y'all had a BLAST! I think we are going to have to hit up LegoLand on our next trip!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad y'all went to the restaurants! I hope that y'all liked them; you know how it is when you love a place, then tell someone how great it is and then you think, OMG, what if they hate it?! I had one of those moments!
Everything was wonderful! You were right about the mac n cheese...I got it with pancetta....omgosh so good! And Pizza Port was probably J's favorite place we ate at the whole trip!
Delete