Things are changing.....here are the top three reasons why I'm a mess:
Reason 1: My little boy is 8. Eight! What? The little guy who ran around saying, "Whas dat?" all day long is 8! He is so....big. He reads chapter books! He has solved every level of every version of Angry Birds! He knows so much about so many things. And, he is SO OPINIONATED! He asked me not to sit by him at his well check last week because, "He didn't want me reading over his shoulder." Stab me in the heart little man!!! He's growing up....and I'm just going to have to deal.
Reason 2: My princess will be in KINDERGARTEN in two weeks. My baby girl, say it ain't so! There ain't no sunshine when she's gone! This kid makes me laugh harder than anyone on the planet. What am I going to do without her everyday from 8-3? Kindergarten. Man, time really does fly when you are having fun. She's the most fun I've ever had.
Reason 3: On Wednesday my little baby monkey will be ONE! We inch closer and closer to being a toddler and not a baby. I have held on so tight this past year. I have rocked, held, read, lullabied, and snuggled more than I ever thought would be possible in the past year. I LOVE THIS KID! I hope every parent in the world feels what I feel about my kids. I look at her (all three) and I think, "I love this kid."
These are all phenomenal reasons to be weepy. I am so grateful and blessed. I know I say it over and over but I really mean it. I am completely aware of my blessed life. I know that even though I'm one of those annoying emotional people that my emotion comes from profound thankfulness. You better believe that I'm smiling through my tears.
I
I
There is NOTHING wrong with being an emotional person. Nothing. Ever.
ReplyDelete