Have you ever seen the cartoon Olivia (or read the books) about the little pig? She always has randomly numbered "rules of life." We quote her all the time around here and 982 popped into my head for some reason!
Anyway, here is the reason for the laughter! Yesterday we came in from school and I needed to feed the baby and put her down for a nap. I told My Boy to grab a snack and we would start homework in a few minutes.
About 10 minutes later he comes into the nursery and says, "Mom, I did my math homework and gave myself my spelling test."
Me: "You did what? How did you know the words?"
Him: "Well, we went over them yesterday at home and today we did a few worksheets at school. I had to go look on the fridge to see which order the bonus words went in but I remembered all the rest. Then when I was done I took it off the fridge and checked it."
Me: " Um, Okay. Let me see it."
This is what I saw:
He really did remember them all and checked it himself. He even gave himself a grade! He actually needed to take 4 points off for the mis-spelled word, but who's counting! Then when he was done he re-wrote the word he missed:
This is why I love my kids. I love that they can surprise the heck out of me every single day!
No comments:
Post a Comment