We've been hanging out in the backyard a bunch! We love to eat watermelon, play on the swing set, and destroy the one year old landscaping :)!
The girls love to have tea parties. Lollipop would LIVE in costume, but Gumdrop is not a fan. She will be dressed up by her sister, but only when the mood strikes her. It's so funny to see the differences in these two girls.
We made a quick day trip to our families' lake house. It's been undergoing renovation this summer, and we wanted to check out the progress. While we were there, we drove over to Abilene and went to the Zoo! I was born in a little town not far from Abilene and lived there until I was 10, so I grew up going to the Abilene Zoo. It is so fun to watch your kids love the same things you loved as a child!
We've also spent a large amount of time swimming (and eating)!
We were loving the rain that God blessed us with last week!
We've also done non-exciting things like cleaning out the garage. We've been in our new house for exactly a year now and its the thing I've put off doing. But I'm now proud to say that is is fairly clean and organized (and now we can park two cars inside!).The Hubs and I also went to Las Vegas last weekend! It was our first time to fly anywhere without the kids in 8 years! The last time was for our fifth anniversary when I was pregnant with Lollipop. That's a long time! We had a great weekend, it was a much needed getaway.
We ate at some great restaurants.
Had a fabulous view from our hotel room.
Walked through probably 10 or more hotels (hey, I'm married to an architect--he likes that sort of thing).
Had some fabulous drinks (this is a design your own Bloody Mary).
And we saw the Circque show La Reve. It was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment