Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The tree is up!

We spent about an hour deciding where to put our Christmas tree up in our new house.  I think we found a great spot.  I have a big sectional ordered for the great room so it might have to move next year but I'm loving where it is right now.  Might need a new tree next year too, seeing as how about a 1/4 of our lights are out!


I finally have a mantle I can hang my stockings on!  Our old house had this weird lip that wouldn't accommodate stocking holders.  I'm beyond excited to have some now!
 And finally, in the home building process we never managed to pick out a fireplace insert.  The Hubs and I went and looked at them last July but the store in town was overbooked and wouldn't be able to get to us for a few months.  We sort of forgot about it and never ordered anything.  Now we have this big gaping hole that we MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT! Anyway, my sweet husband (after listening to my nagging) made me a fire (out of poster board and construction paper). How dorky are we???

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a spot for your tree! I'm jealous b/c n my super-efficient floor plan that I created, I forgot to allow for a place for the tree! I don't know what to do. :/

    ReplyDelete