Friday, June 1, 2012

The First Week of Summer

Our first week of summer vacation has flown by.  It's actually been a pretty eventful week.

We spent the weekend in San Antonio and hung out at the Marriott.  Miss Lollipop started feeling bad when we got there and was snotty and icky.  She ended the trip with a stomach bug which she passed to her sister (which My Boy and I had earlier in the week).  Her sister was kind enough to wait until we were on the road home to get sick all over her carseat (do you hear my sarcasm?).  The bright side is---we got pulled over for speeding and when the nice Hwy patrol man smelled that lovely vomit smell, he let us go with a warning.  There really is a bright side to everything!!!

Too much cuteness in one little body!

I love these two!

My Boy is trained well....he even brings his book to the pool!
We found friends from home to play with!  Woo hoo!


  We've made tons of new house decisions and (as I said in my last post) had to do some damage control.  This is why:

Those subway tiles are not a nice blue-ish gray like the sample that arrived two months ago.  Those tiles are down-right blue!  The tile people are currently in the house working on our showers and wanted to start in the kitchen the beginning of next week. I had to pick something new, available, and able to be  delivered by the end of the week.  Yes, it stressed me out.  I went in a completely different direction and I'm doing this:

Maybe its a little boring but I'm ok with that!

I also found out that the majority of the lighting I had picked out was not in stock.  Again, we were told we needed to have it in by this week.  So, I had to re-pick all of my lighting. This is going in the kitchen :):
But, even with all the stress we have had so much good and fun progress out there.  We are still being told its going to take two more months....but I'm really hoping for maybe 6 weeks???!

My beautiful fireplace

Built-in cabinet in the great room!

Paint on the walls!

Tile in the shower!

Stucco on the outside (the doors are wrong...but...oh well!)
I also picked out ceiling fans and outdoor fixtures this week.  Hopefully only a few more decisions to be made.....landscaping, furniture, fences, gates.  Ok, I've got a long way to go ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment