Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Weekend in Aggieland!

The Hub's cousin got married on Saturday in Aggieland.  She grew up as the daughter of Aggies and went on to become an Aggie herself!  She always wanted an Aggieland wedding....and she got one!

I was overjoyed to go back "home" this past weekend, especially since I haven't been in over three years.  I lived in College Station for 5 years and it really does feel like home to me in many ways. It is such a wonderful, magical place for me with so many good memories.  It is a brutally long drive, around 7 hours to be exact. Thankfully, the kids did great.  Hopefully we have many trips in our future back to my favorite town in Texas!


Thank goodness for car DVD players!

Doesn't she look happy?
This is our first home as a married couple. We lived here for the first two years we were married while the Hubs was in Grad school. The kids couldn't seem to comprehend a "duplex" and that we only lived in half of it!

This is the Bonfire Memorial.  I lost my composure a bit when I was trying to explain its significance to the kids. I was in my last semester when Bonfire fell, just weeks from graduation.  The loss of those kids hit me so hard. I still get really emotional when I think about it.

Our family of five under the Century Tree in 2012. This is the spot where we got engaged over 12 years ago!

I love these future Aggies!

The big kids and their dad went to the George Bush Presidential Library during baby's nap time.

Wedding time!  Of course I have no photo of the bride!

Is this not the sweetest thing you have ever seen?


1 comment: