So, I'll ignore the fact that I have a mountain of laundry, dirty floors, hair to be dried from my shower, and on and on. The baby is asleep and time is short! Our refrigerator light bulb freaked out last night (it won't turn off) and ruined most of our food (thank goodness it was pretty empty to begin with and we have a second fridge in the garage). I have a big ice chest full of things that I could salvage and all of the frozen goods were fine so they are in the garage fridge now. I had to throw away every single condiment plus everything that was close to the top of the fridge. Oh well, can't cry over spilled milk (because we have no milk!). I figured there was no point in going to the store until we get it fixed so.....we are picking up dinner tonight! I'm trying not to let it get me down because I had a fabulous weekend with my girl!
Last summer I planned two birthday parties held in consecutive weekends. It was a crazy amount of work and expensive. I came up with the brilliant idea to surprise Miss Lollipop with a mommy-daughter trip for her birthday instead of having a party. The Hubs and I ran through several ideas of what I could do with her. We ended up deciding on going to San Antonio and Fiesta Texas. Every time we pass a carnival at the mall she begs to go. I have a freakish paranoia about those things. I hate them. I always tell her that I would rather pay for our whole family to go to Disney World than to go to one of those awful carnivals. Fiesta Texas isn't Disney World but I don't think she minded one bit!
First I must give two shout-outs. The first goes to my Husband. He is a rock star. He let me run off for the weekend to go have fun while he stayed home with a somewhat bored 8 year old and a 14 month old who had NEVER been left by her momma. He did laundry, washed dishes, made a grocery store run, TOOK MY BOY TO A BIRTHDAY PARTY (with the baby in tow, did I mention he hates b-day parties?), and cooked meals. I am so lucky!
The second goes to my sister in law. My mom was going to watch the baby Friday but came down with a stomach bug. Thankfully I was able to get her into my church's Friday mothers day out program. "A" picked her up for me and picked up My Boy from school and took them to their daddy. I couldn't have done it without her. I did have a hard time leaving the baby but when she sent me this photo I knew that everyone was in good hands and that I could relax!
How cute is this?
Her birthday isn't until next week.....I hope she will remember when the big day comes that she has already had her very big adventure. I'm so blessed to be able to do these things with my kids!
This makes me want a girl one day!! Oh, and btw - it is so NOT trash bag-ish. At. All.
ReplyDelete