1. I cleaned out my garage and attic. In the process I cleaned out.....and I'm not kidding.....25 large garbage sacks of children's clothing. I kept EVERYTHING in the event that I would have a third baby one day. Since my first two were a boy and a girl that meant I would have whatever I needed no matter the sex of the third baby. So just imagine.....box after box.....boy 0-3 mo, girl 0-3 mo, boy 6-12 mo, girl 6-12 mo,........ you get the point. I had an entire attic full of clothes. Most of which, after inspection--- really weren't worth keeping. As my sister in law said, "Every little piece of clothing gave you a memory and made you happy so you kept it." Yes, yes I did.
The vast majority of the boy stuff (and the girl stuff I no longer considered useable) is gone. I made a huge donation to a local charity in need of little boy clothes. I'm so thankful that I was able to give away something doing nothing for me to women and their children who need it very badly. I donated the rest to my sister in law's maid who takes everything to Mexico and gives it to her family who she promises us, needs it badly also. Don't you worry your pretty little head baby Gumdrop.....we've still got about 10 boxes of big sis' clothes waiting for you. I'm a little girl clothes addict....what can I say?
I was also able to give a precious new baby girl some things that I hope she will enjoy. As I told her Mommy, "These things are just sitting in a closet, use them!"
I didn't stop there. I cleaned out all of last season's fall boy clothes and all of my baby clothes as well as all my baby gear and tagged them for Just Between Friends (JBF) which is a consignment sale held twice yearly. I think I'm submitting right around two hundred items. It took hours. I pray that I make some MON-EY! Momma needs money to buy more clothes!
2. House decisions. We tried to pick out a brick color for over 6 weeks. Evidently, a brick plant closed down in East Texas and EVERY SINGLE BRICK COLOR we were interested in was no longer available. We spent hours and hours looking at samples, driving around town looking at houses, doing mock-ups on the computer (my husband the former architect was in charge of this project), and finally we think we have a winner. I'm praying that the mock-up our builder does soon will prove to us that we do like the brick that we will most likely be living with for the next--- oh lets say 30 years or so. We (as in the builders) are finally making progress on the house! It is being framed and will hopefully have a roof very soon!
3. After School Stuff and Homework. Enough Said.
4. Volunteering: I'm on the Parents Association at school, on the very huge school fundraiser committee, a Junior League committee that meets weekly, and teaching Sunday School. I am BUSY!
5. Illness. We went out of town last weekend and came back with the lovely souvenir of a stomach bug. It started with the baby and made its way through the whole family. I was the last victim and feel much better today. Yuck.
That's what is going on in a nutshell. Life is crazy and that's the way we like it! Photos of our weekend trip coming soon!
If it makes you feel any better, or at least gives you a smile, every time I turn the computer on at home I have 4 blogs I check and yours is the first one! :)
ReplyDelete