Friday, October 7, 2011

Fairytale Pumpkin Village-Dallas Arboretum

Last weekend we went to Dallas. I really wanted to go to the A&M vs Arkansas game at Cowboys stadium but we just couldn't figure out how to get that done. After seeing the outcome of the game, its probably best we didn't go! I still believe in my Aggies and hope they do us proud tomorrow!

Anyway, there are lots of fun things that we did do in Dallas! The highlight of our trip was our visit to the Arboretum. We lived in the metroplex for two years and somehow never made it to the Arboretum. It is just lovely and I can't wait to go back again! We stayed in Southlake, which is only minutes from where we used to live. Its a fun little town and we love to visit. There is a Hilton right in the Town Square shopping center. It's fantastic. You park your car and walk to shops and restaurants! Last weekend Southlake had an Octoberfest festival so we were able to attend those activities. We had a great time!


We arrived right when the Arboretum opened, thinking it wouldn't be as crowded as later in the day. Wrong-o. It was packed. There were hoards of people with professional photographers, probably hoping to get a Halloween or Christmas card photo. We did a little photo shoot a couple of weeks ago with a photographer, I'm hoping she got something a little better than this:
They have several pumpkin houses set up, each has a part of the story of Cinderella posted outside.
How fun is this?
My little Cinderella was in heaven!
She's not quite walking, but close!
At one point My Boy asked if he could please go back to the hotel and play Thor on the Ipad. Obviously, the fairytale theme did not please everyone!
But the three Princesses of the family were happy to get to sit in Cinderella's carriage regardless!
Proof that it is impossible for all three children to cooperate at one time :). Two out of three ain't bad!
It's much easier to get a good photo of this little pumpkin all by herself!
We played in the mazes....
And watched the sailboats on the lake....
And did a pumpkin scavenger hunt.


Aren't they a cute pair?
Like father, like daughter!
We partook of the first ever funnel cake as a family. It was approved of greatly.
This cracks me up. I don't think she's ever had anything to drink besides milk, water, or juice. Lemonade was a hit!
Doesn't every girl need an orange fedora from Anthropologie? I didn't buy it for her but I really wish I would have!
The entertainment for the evening was watching all the fancy cars parked outside of Truluck's restaurant. This is the view from our hotel window.


I hope we can make this trip a yearly tradition!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun family adventure! I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have been leaving when we were arriving. Would have loved to see you guys! We stayed at the same Hilton and really enjoyed that area. We only drove to eat once, at Pappadeux.

    ReplyDelete