Saturday, September 10, 2011

School Spirit!

About a month ago my friend Ashley posted these cute door wreaths on her blog. I have been dying to make one but haven't had two seconds to do it until today. I am not the craftiest girl in the world but I really want to be. My goal this year is to try to do things like this for myself instead of paying someone else to! I couldn't find the wreath form I wanted to use or maroon poly deco mesh in my little town so I ordered both off of Amazon. I grabbed some wooden letters from Hobby Lobby and painted them white. It didn't turn out as great as the examples above but I think I did alright! Here is the finished product:
I saw a very similar wreath on Etsy for $80 and I spent about $30 to make this one. Score!!! We will be supporting the Ags in style this year!
I'm praying that:
1. My home will not be sabotaged for showing school spirit.
2. That my wreath will not be stolen (as my A&M flag was stolen when we first moved in a mere two days after placing it outside in the yard).

Gig 'Em Aggies!

2 comments:

  1. I think you did an awesome job! I contemplated trying this wreath out too, although in MUCH more tasteful colors of red and black. ;) It looked to complicated for me though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! You could totally sell that :)

    ReplyDelete