Monday, September 12, 2011

13 month update....

Yesterday morning we tried to take some pics of the girls. This was not met with much success. You see, the baby finally has piggies (pigtails!) and I needed a photo. She had other ideas! And big brother absolutely refused to get in the mix. Obviously, not a good day to try a photo session.

I don't wanna.....
I really don't wanna...
Stop! Make her stop trying to hold me down!
Come on man! I really don't want to do this!!!
I'll pose anytime you would like.
Fine. Here I am. This is all you are getting, deal with it.
I love this kid. She is definitely growing a little spunky personality. She is feisty just like her big sis but still as sweet as can be. She and I are pretty inseparable. I must admit, I don't think I've been away from her for more than 7 hours since she was born. My mother in law kept her one day last week from 8-3, I think that is the longest I've been away from her (and I spent two and a half hours of that in a meeting---boo!). We haven't spent a night, much less a day apart. I keep telling myself that I really need to do something about that, but the opportunity to have a little getaway has not presented itself. Maybe someday.....

She is such a good baby. Everyday she is becoming more and more of a little person. She adds new words everyday to her vocabulary. Most of it is probably only something her family can understand, but we get her! She isn't walking yet, which shocks me since the older two were walking at 11 months (him) and 10 months (her). 13 months and not a step yet.....she sure doesn't need to walk, she has 4 people to cart her around. Here are a few of her talents:

She can say: momma (but she won't often), dada, bubba, boo!, puppa (puppy), moo, baa, something that resembles quacking for a duck, woof!, bye-bye, hi!,eeeeee (eat!), and she snorts for pink and rolls her lips for horse. In addition she can sign: puppy, eat, bath, more, hot, thank you, yes, and no.

Favorite fruit: blueberries
Favorite main dish: spaghetti or pizza
Favorite drink: water
Favorite toy: her panda and her monogrammed baby
Favorite book:Where is Baby's Bellybutton by Karen Katz
Favorite person: Mommy :)
Favorite animal: dogs

Least favorites: Sitting in Carpool, watching big bro and sis swim at lessons/club team, watching gymnastics practice (seeing a theme here?), going down for a nap, being hungry/sleepy, being put down when it is not her choice.

She's a joy and we love her!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment