Monday, October 14, 2013

It's Mid-October Already!

So, I knew that when I accepted a leadership position in the JLM that some things would slide. I figured that my little blog would be one of them, and clearly I was right on that count!  Here's what we've been up to since mid-September:

I made a quick trip to Detroit for Junior League's fall conference. I was pretty nervous about going after hearing some horror stories, but it wasn't too bad (I must admit, we didn't leave our hotel.) This is a view from the restaurant at the top of our hotel, I still haven't been to Canada but I've seen it now!

I learned some great things....and got some theme inspiration for next year....
We've been really good about going to church and Sunday School this year so far. My Boy's class is studying Narnia and he adores it!
 I missed it while I was a conference, but BOTH of my girl babies cheered at a home football game!
 Such sweet girls!
We've also been doing our thing--meetings, homework, swimming, gymnastics, tennis, piano and dance!
A week ago Saturday, My Boy had his first swim meet! I'm so proud of him. The first meet was all freestyle. There were about 35 boys in his age group. He placed 12th in the 50 free and 10th in the 100 free. Not bad for a first timer!

 We got our flu shots, followed by ice cream!
 Last Friday, we had swim meet number 2!  This one was with a wider age range of kids and involved all the strokes. He doesn't get to pick what he swims. In fact, we don't know until we get there. He did a freestyle relay with his teammates, a 50 yard backstroke, and a 50 yard freestyle. I'm not sure about where he placed, but I do know that he was about 2 seconds faster in his 50 free than the week before. I was also proud that he was in the final heat of his age group (which is of course the fastest). We've been swimming at a different facility for several years. This is the first time he's been in a competitive group and he's doing so well! That's him in lane 1!

More good times coming home....hopefully I'll be back to update before another month goes by!

No comments:

Post a Comment