Monday, March 21, 2011

Eventful Spring Break

Spring Break started out with My Boy not feeling great. He woke up Saturday morning (the 12th) and had what we call "the look." His eyes get so red and puffy when he's coming down with something. I know we are headed for yuckiness just by looking at him. I immediately grabbed the thermometer and yep, 103 was the reading. He said, "Oh great. I have Fifth's Disease like everybody in my class." I looked up the symptoms and he had every one! He slept for most of the weekend and managed to lose five pounds on his itty bitty body. He still doesn't have an appetite or all his energy back. I'm not sure that he had Fifth's (he never got a rash) but whatever it was knocked him out!

On Wednesday we drove to the lake and spent the night. Thursday we got up super early and headed to San Antonio where my niece's Adoption finalization court proceeding was being held. Since it was on St. Patty's Day everyone wore green!

My niece is in the middle with the dark hair and pink dress! We are so glad she is officially and forever ours! Here is a picture of all the grandkids on The Hubs' side. How do you get a good picture of six kids? Answer? You don't!

Look at all the Mommies and Babies that came to witness this joyous event!
After the court proceedings we headed to dinner and then to The Westin La Cantera. Love this hotel! It was frigid but the bigger kids braved the water. The babies decided it was just best to look cute in their matching swimsuits.
Not to be left out, my older niece has a swimsuit too. Lollipop also has one but I packed a different one on accident.
The slide was lots of fun


We roasted marshmallows for s'mores and had so much fun
I had lunch with a dear sweet friend who lives in New Braunfels but of course forgot to bring the camera in. We headed back to the lake and spent the rest of the weekend. I didn't get many photos of the weekend, but we did have one milestone:

Gumdrop had her very first sink bath and it was a sloshing wet good time. I told The Hubs it was kind of like battling a baby alligator! She is a girl on the go! Inching, rolling, and pulling up on her knees. She also has stolen my heart with her newfound ability to say "Ma ma ma ma ma!"

1 comment:

  1. I still love the Ma ma ma ma! That is my C girls favorite thing to say, although if she could say her sister's name I'm sure she would be saying that all the time. Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete